Dublin Doodles
the curious incident of a dutchy in dublin

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ruby Sessions 20-06-2006


Another memorable Ruby Session at Doyles last night. This time it was not empty, no, on the contrary, it was jam packed with girls! What is going on? Why the sudden interest in the sessions? Well, it sure wasn't for Conor Furlong. Brave of him to perform, but he has to learn some more chords. Up next was half the band Travega who gave away a very nice performance of their usual electric rocky sound. Solid tunes, great voice and some nice finger picking there. Well, not soon after, it became all clear to me. On stage now was Paulo Nutini who is a 19 year old shy scottish indie lad with great potential. This turned out to be shown earlier on the Jools Holland tv show. Eat your heart out James Blunt, goodbye Richard Ashcroft, here is Mr Nutini with a nice mix of emotional rock ballads mixed with some soul and a nice raw voice. And of course all the indie girls loved it. And, to be honest, so did I :)

myspace Paulo Nutini
website Conor Furlong

profile Travega

2 Comments:

  • How did you like Paola? I haven't heard any good reviews.

    By Blogger Trini, at 5:30 a.m.  

  • I had no expectations, hadn't heard any songs yet and the gig was tiny and almost totally accoustic, and I quite liked it. Eventhough the music is too softy/sweet/lolly-pop for my taste. I have heard the record and I don't like it. Live he sounded much more like Otis Redding, more soul in his voice.

    By Blogger Marc, at 2:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home