Dublin Doodles
the curious incident of a dutchy in dublin

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lauren Guillery at MB Slattery's

Yesterday I went to a gig that I stumbled upon on myspace. The origionally from France but now living in Dublin Lauren Guillery showed me some powerful rock songs that can be compared to PJ Harvey, Carina Round and Skin. All hands up for this Rock Chic, who is defnately not a sassy singer songwriter to quote her myspace profile. Lauren was supported by power rock band Page 27 (think rage against the machine meets soundgarden, with killer bass-lines) and Bill Coleman (my singer-songwriter friend who, despite a cold, gave away a performance that surprised most of the crowd, exept Bills' sister and me, nice to meet you again). Too bad the 12 o' clock curfew made an end to an excellend musical evening at MB Slattery's.

myspace Bill Coleman

myspace Page27
myspace Lauren Guillery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home